The raw food movement birthed the existence of Bliss Balls. Blended raw fruit and nuts rolled in coconut or more nuts. The must have ingredients are dates or figs, to get the consistency to the right balance or you can add almond butter. These balls make for delicious nutritious snacks for people of all ages.
The best thing about making your own is that you can choose your favourite ingredients. My children both don’t like the same flavours, so I would make a batch each for my kiddies to pop in their own snack boxes. The secret ingredient in my bliss balls is essential oils.
Essential oils are great because they can support your mood & health. You can add Peppermint, Wild Orange, Lemon, Ginger, Cinnamon & Lavender oils to your bliss balls (obviously not all in one recipe.)
Peppermint oil is good for digestion.
Lavender oil is great for calming.
Lemon oil helps with detoxing.
Wild Orange oil is uplifting.
Cinnamon oil helps maintain a healthy immune system.
Ginger oil reduces bloating & gas, plus support healthy digestion.
Bliss Ball Recipe
Time: 15 mins Makes: 12-15 balls
Pitted Dates 1 cup
Sunflower Seeds or Almonds 3/4 cup
Dark Choc Bites 1/2 cup (optional)
2 Tbsp of Water or Coconut Oil
Essential oil options: (only use one at a time)
- Wild orange
- CinnamonTo purchase any of the essential oils mentioned above click here.
Coconut Or Chopped Nuts
- Blend Sunflower Seeds or Almonds in the food processor. Once finished put into a medium sized bowl.
- Add the pitted dates to the food processor until they are blended into a ball and broken down. Add the dates to the Sunflower Seeds.
- Blend Chocolate Bites for a more consistent mixture or leave whole if you desire. Add to bowl of ingredients once finished.
- Add the 2 Tbsp of Water or Coconut Oil to mixture.
- With a wooden spoon stir together until you have a big ball of mixture.
- Take a tablespoon of mixture and roll into a ball in your hand.
- Roll in shredded coconut or chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate to set the bliss balls.
I put these in my children’s lunches or serve on the side of fruit platters, there are endless options for these yummy treats. Plus fun to make with your kids and teach them about nutritious snacks.
Matcha Green Tea Bliss Balls
Shredded Coconut 1cup
Almond Flour 2 Tbsp
Pure Maple Syryp 2 Tbsp
Water or Coconut Oil 1 Tbsp
Matcha Green Tea 1 Tbsp
1 drop of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Mix all ingredients in food processor.
- Take tablespoon size amounts out and roll in hand.
- Place on plate and refrigerate.
These are super easy and faster than the first recipe as you mix all ingredients together.
Take your pick and let me know which you like or I’d love to hear your favourite bliss ball recipes.