I tried out baking essential oil cookies last week, they were so tasty I had to share this Peppermint Oil recipe. Plus super easy to make and a great lunchbox cookie.
One batch made 18+ cookies, this was great as I was feeding a hungry netball team for their after game match. Every cookie was eaten and I’m sure the peppermint oil gave them a nice little pick-me-up after the game.
Note: Make sure your essential oil is Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) as not all oils are able to be taken internally. If you want to know more about CPTG quality click here to watch a video by DoTERRA. (3rd video on page)
Peppermint is good for supporting your digestive system, by putting the oil into the cookie it doesn’t only make a delicious treat.
Learn more about Peppermint oil here. I have gone into details about where doTERRA source the peppermint oil from and the many benefits from using peppermint oil daily. It is one of the most used oils and for good reason. I really enjoyed baking with this oil and am going to look for more fun recipes to put peppermint oil into.
I hope you enjoy the recipe below and have a go at making these cookies.
Peppermint & Choc Chip Cookies
- 1 drop of DoTERRA Peppermint Essential Oil (buy here)
- 1 cup of b
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup of choc chips
- pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add in eggs, vanilla & drop of peppermint.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Make a well and add the wet ingredients.
- Roll into balls and place on a tray.
- Bake for 11 minutes. (10-12 minutes depending oven heat.)
Let me know what you think in the comments below. Do you have a peppermint oil recipe you would like to share with me?